With regards to the ‘Equine Flu’ problem the Committee has agreed that ALL horses and ponies attending ODRC Shows and Clinics/Rallies need to have up to date 12 month flu vaccinations. If your horse has had to re-start his jabs then he will need to have received the first 2 in order to attend. RANDOM SPOT CHECKS will now take place at all our shows. You will be required to produce your horse’s passport, which will be checked against the horse. Failure to produce the passport or a finding of outdated vaccinations will result in you being asked to leave. We apologise for any inconvenience.
CLINIC & COMPETITION ENTRIES
Please note that FULL payment will be required at the time of booking for all clinics/rallies. Without full payment your space will not be secured. Bookings can now be made online via Equo Events.
It has been noted that there is a considerable increase in the number of people making late entries for shows/classes that have a cut off date. All entries made after the cut off date will only be accepted if space permits and a late entry surcharge of £5 will be added to the original entry fee. Please accept that there is a cut off date/time for a reason – this is to enable us to administer the event properly and ensure we can run it at all – late entries make this very difficult for us and we all volunteer to help run your Club so please respect this.
1. Shows will be run under either British Showjumping, BE, BD, BSPS or NSPS rules. Rules will be in Secretary’s office.
2. Entries close on the day, unless otherwise stated on the schedule.
3. The organiser’s reserve the right to refuse entrant without assigning a reason.
4. All competitors take part at their own risk. The organiser’s do not hold themselves responsible for any accident that may occur to any horse, pony, rider, spectator or property.
5. Protective headgear, must be worn whilst mounted on the showground.
6. In the event of insufficient entries classes may not be split junior and senior.
7. The Judge’s decision is final.
8. The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accident’s happening and must obey the instructions of the organiser’s, officials and stewards.
9. No stallions allowed.
10. All dogs must be on leads and under control at all times.
11. Please ensure that the correct foot wear, jodhpur boots with gaiters or long riding boots only and show jackets are to be worn for all competitions, pony club jumpers will be allowed at all the shows.
12. Please DO NOT tie your horses up to the side of the lorries/trailers and leave unattended.
13. No refunds given on entries fees, unless veterinary certificate is produced.
14. Only horses/ponies that have been entered for classes/paid for clear round can use the facilities this is due to insurance purposes.
15. Any horse /pony seen to mistreated will be asked to leave the show ground.
16. Please make sure all riders with long hair have it tied back into a bun or put in a hair net.
Please make sure as a rider you have the following attire for competitions:
A Show Jacket or Blue/Black Jumper.
A collared shirt with a Tie or Stock with pin.
Long Riding Boots or Short Jodhpur Boots.
A correctly fitting hat to current standards.
Hair must not be below the collar. Long hair to be tied up and in a hairnet please.
Body protectors are recommended for all jumping disciplines but are compulsory for XC events and our Eventers Challenge Show.
Horse or Pony
No martingales or boots in Dressage and Snaffle mouth only.
White or Black saddlecloth in Dressage.
Black or Brown numnah for Showing (ideally the same colour as your saddle)