End of Season Show
17th September Show
Rules and Conditions.
1.All horses and ponies must be 4 years or older for all riding disciplines.
2. The judge’s decision is final.
3. The Riding Club or any agent, employee or representative of this body, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
4. The organising committee reserve the right to cancel or alter classes and refuse entry.
5. Hard hats to current standards to be while mounted with chin strap fastened. From 2023 hat with the standards PAS015:1998 and Snell 2001 are no longer accepted. We strongly recommend body protectors are worn for show jumping and are compulsory for cross country and under 16s. Correct attire including jackets must be worm for all competitions. Pony Club jumpers are acceptable. Riders with long hair must have it tied back sufficiently or in a hair net.
6. DO NOT leave horses tied to the side of lorries or trailers unattended.
7. Dogs MUST be kept on a lead at all times and any mess to be cleaned up.
8. Any objections must be handed to the secretary in writing with a £10.00 deposit within half an hour of the class. In the event of the objection not being upheld the deposit will be forfeited.
9. By entering our you are agreeing to be photographed while competing, these photographs may be posted online and used for future publicity. If you do not want to be photographed, please tell the photographer on entering the arena.
10. Shows will be run under either BS, BE, BD, BSPS or NSPS rules. Rules will be in the secretary’s office.
11. No refunds given on entry fees, unless a veterinary certificate or doctors note is produced.
12. Any horse or pony seen to be mis-treated will be asked to leave the showground.
13. In the event of sufficient entries classes may be split junior & senior.
14. All Stallions are to be handled in a or bridle and must be . They must also wear a Stallion badge or white
OFFAS DYKE RIDING CLUB
End of Season
17th September 2023
SPEECH HOUSE SHOW GROUND
All horses must have passports that are up-to date with vaccinations and must be shown to secretary before being unloaded.
Please Respect Judges.
Details will be available soon
There will be a one-time fee of £3.00 for First Aid
Ridden Showing – 10am
Kindly sponsored by WYE VALLEY COUNTRY STORES.
Judge :- Teresa Barnett
- Novice Showing -(for new starters or people who have never placed/Won)
- Best Coloured
(Including spotted, Dun and palomino)
- Best Lead Rein
(Good movement & manners, looking after its rider)
- Best Turned Out
(Emphasis is on the appearance and tidiness of horse & rider)
- Best RoR / Sports Horse
- Best Cob/Cob type
- Best Junior Rider (Off Lead Rein Under 14yrs old)
- Best Veteran 15yrs +
Classes 1 – 16 £8 Members
£10 Non – Members
Rosette’s 1st – 6th place.
In – Hand Showing 10.20am.
Judge :- Lucy Gutteridge
- Best Foreign Breed / Miniatures. Kindly Sponsored By Forest of Dean Bridleway & Access Association
- Best Veteran (15 years +, age to be displayed) Kindly Sponsored by E.P.M Rosettes
- Best cob/cob type Kindly Sponsored By Top Flight Physio
- Best Mountain and Moorland (Open to large & small breeds) Kindly Sponsored By Severn View Services
- Best Coloured (Including spotted, Dun and palomino) Kindly Sponsored By GDR Solutions Ltd
- Best ROR/ Sports Horse Kindly Sponsored By John O’Shea Racing
- Best Youngstock
(1,2,3 years old) Kindly Sponsored By B.H.Cecil & Sons
- Best Condition (Any Age & Breed) Kindly Sponsored By
A little Extra Showing – 12.45pm start
- Prettiest Mare (Kindly sponsored by MSB Steel Ltd)
- Handsome Gelding (Kindly sponsored by DWM Fencing)
- Young Handler (Under 14yr olds) (Kindly sponsored by Perrygrove Railway)
- Best Family Pony
(Sponsored By A&A Self Drive Horse Transport)
£6 members/£8 Non Members per entry.
Rosette’s 1st to 6th
DRESSAGE Starts 9.15am
Kindly Sponsored By Woods Equine Rug Washing Service
- ODRC TINY TOTS TEST 1
- BD INTRO A (2008)
- BD PRELIM 2 (2016)
Entries in Advance for Dressage, Entries close 14th September.
Class 21 -23 = £8 members & £10 Non Members
Rosettes 1st -6th & Medals to Winners
Show Jumping Starts 11.45am
- 20-30cm – Kindly Sponsored By Hawthorns Pet Supplies
- 30-40cm – Kindly Sponsored By B.H.Cecil & Sons
- 40-50cm – Kindly Sponsored By Hawthorns Pets Supplies
- 50cm – Kindly Sponsored By B.H.Cecil & Sons
- 60cm – Kindly Sponsored By B.H.Cecil & Sons
Classes 24 – 28 = £6 Members & £8 Non Members
Rosettes 1st – 6th
**Entries made via the website, we will accept entries on the day**
Handy Pony – 11-45am- 3pm
£4 members / £5 Non Members- Rosettes to all
Clear Round SJ – 10am – 11.30am -1.30 – 3.30pm: £3.50 per round including rosette.
Dog Show – 2pm
- Best Trick – Kindly Sponsored By
- Fab Fella – Kindly Sponsored by
- Best Puppy (Under 12mths) – Kindly Sponsored by
- Loveliest Lady – Kindly Sponsored By
- Best Junior Handler (Under 14yrs) – Kindly Sponsored By Nicks Preserves & Chutneys
- Golden Oldie (7yrs+) – Kindly Sponsored By Barkingly Beautiful Dog Grooming Service
- Best Waggiest Tail – Kindly Sponsored By Severn View Services
- Fancy Dress – Kindly Sponsored By Offas Dyke Riding Club
- Best In Show (1st & 2nd from each class)
Classes 1-8 = £2.50 Member / £3 Non Members
Rosettes 1st -6th
Prizes Donated for Best Puppy, Junior Handler & Best In Show
We will accept email or facebook entries.
BACs Details :-
Offas Dyke RC
Sort Code: 30-99-50
Acc No. 28417760
Ref: 17th September
Paypal :- firstname.lastname@example.org
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS, WE VERY MUCH APPREICATE YOUR SUPPORT.
Catering :- Cliffs Bowls N Rolls
First Aid :- GDR Solutions Ltd
Photography :- Gina Nell Photography